Meridian Tourist Access Sdn. Bhd. (the producers of the KL PASS®) is committed to protect the privacy of individuals who visit the website and who make use of the on-line facilities to gain information and to purchase our products.
This Privacy Statement briefly explains how we protect the privacy and personal data of individuals who visit this website under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA). Please note that this Privacy Statement is streamlined with the common principles of data protection in most jurisdictions although there may be some variations due to local requirements.
Personal Data Collected
The types of Personal Data that we collect directly from visitors to the website or from third parties depend on the circumstances of collection and on the nature of the services requested or transaction undertaken.
The Personal Data collected may include but not be limited to:
- Personal information of the individual such as name, gender, age, passport number, nationality and country of residence
- Contact information such as email address, mailing address and telephone numbers
- Payment information such as credit card information including name of cardholder, card number, card type, billing address and card expiry date
- Travel information such as date of travel to Kuala Lumpur and length of stay
- Technical information such as IP address
How Personal Data Is Collected
Personal Data is collected from individuals when they:
- Visit the KL PASS® website to gather information on the KL PASS® and other related products offered by Meridian Tourist Access Sdn. Bhd. on this website
- Make an online transaction to purchase any product offered for sale on this website
- Register a KL PASS® that has not been purchased online, but from an authorised agent or reseller of the KL PASS®
- Make a request to join the KL PASS® mailing list
- Make a request for more information about the KL PASS® or any other product or service offered by Meridian Tourist Access on this website
How Personal Data Is Used
The Personal Data collected by this website and by Meridian Tourist Access Sdn. Bhd. will be used to:
- Improve the user experience and provide the best possible service to visitors to the site
- Process orders for products made via this website and facilitate secure online payment
- Entertain queries and requests for information on products and services offered
- Administrate and run competitions such as the monthly lucky draw
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys to get feedback from customers on product experience
- Conduct marketing research for the purpose of tracking customer/market trends and developing new products
- Update interested parties with the latest news, the latest information on promotions and new products offered
- For all other purposes ancillary to any of the purposes stated above
How Long Personal Data Is Kept
Meridian Tourist Access Sdn. Bhd. will not retain Personal Data longer than necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated above. However, relevant Personal Data may be retained subject to the following conditions and requirements:
- As and when required under law or statutory obligation or by court order
- Where legal actions may have arisen and/or have been initiated and are pending an outcome
- Reasons of security and for the completion of commercial and operational purposes of Meridian Tourist Access Sdn. Bhd.
Meridian Tourist Access Sdn. Bhd. will make all reasonable efforts to destroy or permanently delete all Personal Data when it is no longer required.
Notification of Change
Meridian Tourist Access Sdn. Bhd. reserves the right to change, modify, alter, adapt, add or remove any part of this Privacy Statement from time to time in accordance with applicable laws and regulations without being required to provide any advance notice to any third party or user of this website.